Covid-19 + Massage
POLICY AND PROCEDURE UPDATES RELATED TO COVID-19 SAFETY
Our massage business will operate with these changes to standard policies and procedures to protect our team and our valued clients due to COVID-19.
No Walk-In Appointments: At this time, this office will not accept walk-in appointments. Please call ahead to make an appointment.
Late Cancelations: We will waive the late cancelation policy for anyone who develops a fever or symptoms of illness. Please call to let us know you feel unwell and we will cancel your appointment without charging you a fee.
Client Guests: At this time, we will not allow client guests to wait for clients in the reception area or in session rooms. In the event the guest is a legal guardian of the client an exception is made.
Pre-Session Screening: Please expect a phone call health screening within 24 hours before your massage appointment. Examples of some of the health screening questions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days or has a health professional asked you to self-isolate in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with someone experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms or have you cared for someone testing positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you been tested for COVID-19 in the last 14 days and if yes, what was the result?
Arrival Procedure: When you arrive at our office we will follow a strict protocol to ensure your safety and the safety of our team:
- Please wait in the foyer or outside of the main doorway to the building under the awning.
- We will ask if you have any symptoms of illness including a cough or digestive issues. If you have a fever (greater than 100.4 F) or symptoms of illness we will reschedule your massage session to a later date.
- We will ensure that you have a proper face mask and ask you to clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Should you not have a proper face mask, we will provide one.
- We will escort you to the session room for your massage session.
- While COVID-19 is present in the community we will limit talking to only communication necessary for ensuring a comfortable and safe massage.
- If you develop symptoms of illness or test positive for COVID-19 within two weeks of your massage session, please call us immediately.
- We are a small office with a sole focus on the practice of massage therapy. There are no other service providers which could potentially increase the population density at this office.
- The location of our office provides a layout suitable to reduce bi-directional foot traffic if you so choose to utilize it.
- Face massage is prohibited at this time.
- Our lounge / reception area will be closed.
- We are aware of the environmental impact the increased use of plastics has on our global community and ask that you bring in a container of water to enjoy. Water fountains will be closed.
- You will be asked to wear a face mask for the duration of time you are in the building and during your session. Your provider is required to wear a face mask at all times as well as a face shield or eye protection during the massage session.
- We encourage the use of touchless payment options or paying ahead.
- We will adhere to hygiene, cleaning, and disinfection requirements from the Centers of Disease Control (CDC), the Department of Health (DOH), New York State, and OSHA..
- Hand sanitization stations are located throughout the office.
- Cleaning and disinfection logs will be maintained.
- Providers will implement daily personal health screenings and will be tested every 14 days so as long as the region remains in Phase 3 of the State’s re-opening.
We thank you for your partnership
9:00 am – 7:00 pm
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
By Appointment Only